Ignition Poker Review For 2023
If you’re just starting out, Ignition Casino poker is among the best 18+ online poker sites you can choose. Our Ignition poker review shows you everything you need to know about the operator, founded relatively recently in 2016. However, as the flagship poker site under the Bodog banner and the top online poker room on the Internet, Ignition lives up to its name by lighting a fire under millions of 18+ poker players each year.
Ignition has some of the best poker games online, offers a host of exclusive features, supports anonymous and multi-table play, and is perfect for every player of every skill level, whether you’re 18 or 80 or anywhere in between. To learn more about how to play poker at Ignition, read our brief primer on this top-quality online poker destination.
Ignition Poker – The Best Poker Room For The Best Players!
Ignition Casino, owned and operated under license of the prestigious Bodog brand, is the best online poker product on the Internet. With dozens of daily and weekly tournaments, several valuable bonuses, and countless free and paid video poker games in its award-winning casino, Ignition is just the spark you need to set off your successful poker career.
Bonus: $1250 Bitcoin Poker Welcome Bonus
Ignition offers all kinds of bonuses and perks to both new and existing players alike. Be sure to check out their promotions page for the latest offers.
- Operates under the license of the international Bodog brand
- Full poker room with cash tables, tournament play
- 15-hand multi-table support
- Optimized for iPhone + Android mobile devices
- The most video poker games anywhere
- Home to millions of US players
- State-of-the-art TLS and SSL encryption
- Full online casino
- All players aged 18 and up welcome
- Players from DE, MD, NJ, and NV not currently accepted
- Limited deposit and withdrawal options compared to some other sites
- Limited crypto support outside of Bitcoin
- No sportsbook or racebook
Is Ignition Poker Legal To Play?
Is online poker legal? Lots of 18 and up poker players in the US are curious about this, and the answer is simpler than most people think: Online poker is legal to play in the US, for the most part. As long as you use the most secure poker sites run by established operators, you can play offshore poker without violating any state or federal gambling laws.
There are two exceptions: The states of Connecticut and Washington have language in their gaming laws that bars all forms of online gambling, including poker. Nevertheless, these laws are historically unenforced, and Ignition accepts members from these states. We advise you to follow all your local laws, but the option to play does exist for you, should you so choose.
- Ignition Excluded States – Due to various factors, Ignition Casino does not offer new members from the following states: DE, MD, NJ, NV.
Ignition Poker Licensing And Regulation
The Ignition Casino operates under the umbrella and licensing of the international Bodog brand, just like its sister site Bovada (which, unlike Ignition, provides members with a full international sportsbook and racebook, but lacks the sheer variety of casino game types that Ignition offers). While only in business for a handful of years, Ignition remains the top choice in reputable online poker for cash games, tournament play, and guaranteed payouts.
Ignition Poker Game Types
- Texas Hold ‘Em – Two cards in the hole, five community cards, highest hand wins. Texas Hold ‘em (aka Texas Holdem or just Holdem) is the most popular poker variant in the world.
- Omaha – Four cards in the hole, five community cards, highest hand wins. Omaha is different from Holdem in that players must use exactly two hole cards to build their hands.
- Omaha Hi/Lo – Same as Omaha, but both the highest and lowest hands win, splitting the pot. Best for new players 18 and up, as it offers the most chances to win.
Ignition Casino Poker Tournament Types
There are a number of dedicated poker tournaments for all the different types of poker games at Ignition Casino. Each of the following events has a different poker tournament payout structure to be aware of before joining, but Ignition always makes the terms of their events clear. Ignition casino poker tournaments are some of the best and most played card tourneys on the Internet.
- Monster Stack
- Sit-and-Go Tournaments
- Jackpot Sit & Gos
- $150K Guaranteed Poker Tournament
- $75K Guaranteed High Roller
- Mad Money Tournaments
- Wild Wednesday
- Black Diamond Poker Open
- Super Millions Poker Open
Ignition Banking Options
- Bitcoin (BTC) - $10 min, $5000 max
- Bitcoin Cash - $10 min, $5000 max
- Visa - $20 min, $1500 max
- Mastercard - $20 min, $1500 max
- American Express - $20 min, $1500 max
- Zelle-To-BTC - $10 min, $5000 max
- Voucher (account-to-account) - $10 min, $3000 max
Withdrawals – There aren’t too many Ignition poker payout options, but they are all reliable and should work for the vast majority of players:
- Bitcoin (BTC) - $10 min, no max
- Bitcoin Cash - $10 min, no max
- Wire Transfer – varies (contact customer service)
- Courier Check - $100 min, $3000 max
- Voucher (account-to-account) - $10 min, $3000 max
Ignition does not charge fees for deposits, and Bitcoin/crypto deposits are always free, as are voucher deposits. However, card deposits usually incur fees (3-9%) charged by your bank or credit union, and international gift cards often carry activation fees.
For withdrawals, BTC/crypto and vouchers are 100% free, though other avenues can carry substantial surcharges. Courier checks, for example, carry a minimum processing fee of $100.
- Bitcoin – Ignition is one of the best Bitcoin poker sites, giving players hefty bonuses for signing up with BTC and cashing out using the cryptocurrency. No land-based casino or poker room in the US accepts Bitcoin, which is quickly becoming the most popular payment method for the younger generation of players aged 18 and up.
Ignition Poker Room Features
- Quick Seat – Pull up a chair with no waiting when you use Ignition’s Quick Seat format. As soon as a seat is open at any table in the poker category you choose, you’ll automatically join, getting more chances than ever to ante up and win big!
- Anonymous Tables – At Ignition, you can’t be tracked game-to-game and followed table-to-table by other players looking to take advantage of your poker face (or lack thereof). This is especially good for 18 and up players who are just starting out in the world of online poker.
- Balanced Opponents – Ignition’s poker software tries to place you with other players of your approximate skill level while also introducing you to slightly more experienced poker aficionados. This way, you’ll never be uncompetitive, and you can build your skills in a tried and true way.
- Zone Poker – Zone poker, aka speed poker or fast-fold poker, allows you to join another table the moment you fold so you won’t be waiting around forever in the Ignition Poker lobby between hands.
- Multitable Play – Online poker multitabling is possible thanks to multi table poker software used by the best 18+ poker sites like Ignition. With multi-table play, you can have multiple hands in play across up to 15 tables, all at the same time!
Ignition Mobile Poker
If you’re looking for how to download Ignition Poker on iPhone and Android, you can stop your search – there is no download required. While many domestic online poker sites have their apps in the App Store or on Google Play, Ignition uses a web app experience for its customers. This means that there’s nothing to download or update, and all you need is an Internet connection and a modern browser (Safari, Chrome, Firefox, Opera, etc.) in order to gain on-the-go access to everything Ignition Poker has to offer.
The Ignition poker mobile experience is designed around both iPhone and Android platforms, and you can also enjoy it across a host of tablets, including iPads, Android tablets, Kindle Fires, and even Windows slates and deprecated Blackberry devices.
- iPhone – There is technically no native Ignition Poker app for iPhone, but the mobile site is designed around Apple’s popular line of smartphones and displays seamlessly, offering easy tap-and-swipe controls, fluid animations, and industry-leading security.
- Android – As with iPhone, the Ignition poker app for Android is actually a “web app” that you access through a browser on your phone or tablet. But because the site is made with responsive design and fits its display properties to whatever device you’re using, Android users are guaranteed to get a first-class poker presentation.
Other Compatible Platforms
Outside of common mobile devices and tablets, you can access Ignition poker rooms using Chromebooks, Linux machines, Macs, Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 10, and more. You can even use a game console with a web browser to play poker online (though the experience is less than thrilling, as Ignition’s titles aren’t designed to be played with console controllers).
Also, though Xbox One poker games, PlayStation 4 poker games, and poker on Nintendo Switch are all popular, these are not actually real money poker products, though under 18 poker players can learn a lot by enjoying such fare.
Ignition Poker Customer Support
You can get access to customer service at Ignition 24/7/365, as the site’s help staff is always on hand through a variety of channels, from telephone and email to Ignition Poker live chat.
- Telephone: 1-855-370-0600
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, on-site form
- On-Site Chat via desktop or mobile.
Ignition Poker Strategy For Beginners
Ignition Casino offers a poker tutorial for beginners, as do many other reference sites. However, you don’t necessarily need to learn every tip and trick right away. Instead, if you go into your first 18+ poker tournament or cash game with the following few notes in mind, you should get off to a good start.
- Know Your Hands – It is important to understand the best starting hands in poker as well as the best poker hands in general, and you can consult poker books and guides for these as you play. This is something that isn’t allowed at brick-and-mortar venues, so take advantage of Ignition online poker and consult with the experts each round!
- Count Cards – Many new players ask if it’s against the rules to count cards in poker, and the answer is that it’s not! While you won’t get nearly as good an edge counting cards in poker (as there are fewer cards known to you in a given game compared to other popular casino table games), it’s a useful skill to understand how your hole cards and community cards inform the probabilities of the remaining hands around the table. Poker odds calculator software is your friend!
- Practice With Free Video Poker Games – Ignition has a huge selection of video poker titles in their Casino section, and you can play these for real money or enjoy them with “play money.” In addition to being a ton of fun, free video poker is a great way for younger players to learn the basics of the most common varieties of cash table and tournament poker.
- Use The Ignition Poker Strategy Guide – Ignition Casino has a poker strategy guide to help you learn all about the best hands, understand the payout tables, and refine your approach for all the major poker game types.
- Play Fast And Loose – At Ignition, the online poker room supports 15-table multitabling and speed poker play. If you’re going to participate in the former, we recommend playing on a desktop or laptop computer with a large screen, though Zone Poker speed play is optimized for both home computer and mobile displays.
Ignition Casino Poker Bonuses
There are several different bonuses to take advantage of when signing up with Ignition or reloading your account at the site. Whichever promo you choose, just use the Ignition poker bonus code provided by the site’s cashier when making any qualifying deposit.
The best poker bonuses at Ignition are the following, and they can be redeemed through the Ignition Miles rewards program. Poker bonuses do not have rollover requirements like the other casino bonuses at Ignition.
- $1000 Poker Welcome Bonus
- $1250 Bitcoin Poker Welcome Bonus
- $100 Tell A Friend Bonus
- Bad Beat Bonus
- Royal Flush Bonus
- $2500 Weekly Poker Freerolls
Ignition Poker FAQs
Ignition isn’t only legit, it’s actually the most popular poker site on the Internet. When you play at Ignition, you’re playing at one of the most trustworthy poker outlets anywhere. Operating under the license of the internationally renowned Bodog enterprise, Ignition Poker is the perfect site to play for those aged 18+ and looking for quality, integrity, and pride.
Absolutely not. Due to Ignition’s overwhelming popularity, this is a common question. However, the site uses certified iGaming software and third-party verification to ensure that players always get honest odds with realistic chances to win. Ignition has never cheated its millions of 18+ players, and it’s never missed a payout. When you play at the Ignition poker room, you are guaranteed a fair, fun experience.
Using a VPN to play poker is not advised, as this goes against the Ignition Casino terms of service. There are plenty of good paid and free VPN services out there, but until the industry embraces the use of this technology, you’ll need to disable it on whatever device you use to access the website.
Unfortunately, no. The WSOP is a domestic US institution, and qualifiers are available only through local poker tournaments regulated by the states that host them. If you are a professional-grade poker player looking to win your way into the WSOP, you will have to find a poker tournament schedule to suit your needs.
No. If you are under 18, you cannot sign up and play poker at Ignition. As a result, the site does not host tournaments for poker players under the age of eighteen (and to our knowledge, neither does any other reputable brand in the business). If you’re interested in poker but are under 18, we recommend that you download some free-to-play smartphone poker apps or take up a hand in Red Dead Redemption 2 poker.
Traditional poker is played against other people. Video poker is a single-player experience where you play against computer-controlled players or AIs. Additionally, video poker is considered a casino game and is typically presented similarly to slots and other digital table games.
Video poker can sometimes replicate the look and feel (and sounds!) of slots, but the games are vastly different. Slots are truly random, whereas video poker allows you some way to gauge your odds to win and plan accordingly. Some lawmakers contend that there is no difference between video poker and slots, but some lawmakers don’t know their hole cards from a hole in the ground, either.
Despite its popularity with beginner poker players, Chinese poker is not one of the standard traditional types offered at Ignition. That said, you can usually find Chinese poker in the Ignition Casino under the video poker banner, giving you the option to mix it up a bit.
The best VR poker games are currently commercial products that don’t offer real money play or a legitimate gambling experience. However, VR (virtual reality) poker and AR (augmented reality) poker will likely soon make their way to online poker rooms, and you can expect Ignition to lead the way!
We don’t think so. Right now, only about half the states in America have poker rooms, and only six states have legalized online poker. It will be decades before every state has enough local poker options to interfere with the offshore business model, as demand currently far outpaces domestic supply. And even when all or most states actually have online poker, they are not likely to accept things like Bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies, giving offshore 18+ poker sites another big advantage.
Back in 2018 or so, there was a bug with Ignition’s poker software that would cause a black screen at log-in. Occasionally, depending on players’ specific computer setups, this bug can still pop up here and there. However, as more people move to browser-based poker, this is becoming less of an issue.
The reason you can’t download an official Ignition poker app from the App Store or Google Play is because Apple and Google corporate policies don’t allow real-money offshore poker apps on their US-facing storefronts. This is why Ignition has invested so heavily in its mobile browser software, as it gives players a native app-like experience without any required downloads, updates, or installations.
No, you do not have to initiate a poker software download to play at Ignition for real money. As long as you have a modern computer or mobile device, a current browser that supports HTML5, and an active Internet connection, you can play at Ignition anytime, anywhere.
If you want to take your clothes off whenever you lose a hand while playing poker at Ignition, there’s nothing stopping you. Just make sure you do so in your own private residence, otherwise you could get in trouble for indecent exposure – no matter how good you look!